Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10397/30478
Title: The situation of family caregivers for people with mental illnesses in Hong Kong
Authors: Yip, KS 
Issue Date: 2004
Publisher: American Psychological Association
Source: Psychiatric rehabilitation journal, 2004, v. 28, no. 2, p. 136-141 How to cite?
Journal: Psychiatric rehabilitation journal 
Abstract: Family caregiving is very important in psychiatric rehabilitation for people with mental illnesses. By reviewing related studies, the writer describes the situation of family caregivers for people with mental illnesses. Studies showed that only 16.8% of them received psychiatric rehabilitation services. The other 83.2% relied on their family caregivers as the only support in their rehabilitation process. Forty percent of people with mental illnesses were cared for by their mothers. However, most of these family caregivers were fatigued and at risk of mental breakdown.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10397/30478
ISSN: 1095-158X
EISSN: 1559-3126
DOI: 10.2975/28.2004.136.141
Appears in Collections:Journal/Magazine Article

Access
View full-text via PolyU eLinks SFX Query
Show full item record

SCOPUSTM   
Citations

8
Last Week
0
Last month
0
Citations as of Sep 20, 2017

WEB OF SCIENCETM
Citations

5
Last Week
0
Last month
0
Citations as of Sep 21, 2017

Page view(s)

36
Last Week
1
Last month
Checked on Sep 24, 2017

Google ScholarTM

Check

Altmetric



Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.